I Love Museums is a campaign led by the National Museum Directors’
Council to show the public support for museums.
Our museums are facing challenging times. Local and national governments are making tough decisions about funding, and we want to show them how much museums matter by celebrating the public support for our wonderful cultural institutions. We need you to stand up and say ‘I Love Museums’!
Whoever is to blame for the financial and banking crisis, and as we all try to recover, it is clearer than ever that our Heritage – monuments, archaeology and museums – also underpins our recovery. Our heritage assets, and the beleaguered professionals who manage them:
- Draw tourists and footfall – make us an attractive place to visit
- Offer a valued sense of place and well-being – for residents and business investment
- Bring communities together – across diverse backgrounds, cultures and generations
- Drive creative learning and education – about our past, present and future – across science, natural history, human achievement (and our foibles)
What you can do
- As a UK Resident, spend a minute to sign the petition
- Write to or email your elected representatives, Councillors, MPs and MEPs – it’s easy using this free resource (only needs your postal code)
- Add a twibbon to your Twitter profile picture
Send a Tweet using hashtag #ILoveMuseums
#ILoveMuseums because @ILoveMuseums
Learn more about how to spread the word »
Thank you for your support. A few minutes of your time can make a huge difference.
Archaeologist, lover of heritage and museums – and the people who make it all happen!