It has indeed been a long time since the last post just over a year ago. The reasons are mixed, between on going medical challenges and being as busy as one can be in the circumstances. There’s definitely more news to follow through the winter season. However, I’m no longer curating the “Mesolithic News” info here — much better served by following Mesolithic Miscellany on Facebook and Twitter. Personal research is also better covered at TimeVista Archaeology, my professional web presence.
Highlights over the past year, and in progress, include:
- Ongoing community project contributions and related publications
- Establishing Cleveland Archaeology Trust as a Community Interest Company (CIC) registered with Companies House and with an independent financial account, pending final partnerships and more grant applications
- Completion of the second round field evaluation at Airy Hill, East Cleveland, with spectacular results again this summer!
- The honour of being elected a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London
- Pending chapters in forthcoming monographs for archaeology in North Yorkshire and NE England
- Ongoing conference presentations of our community archaeology work on Teesside
I’ll send more news soon. Thanks for following and sharing the passion.