I’m very pleased to announce a new engagement, potentially lasting until 2018/19: Archaeological Project Officer (self-employed at TimeVista Archaeology in association with Archaeological Research Services Ltd.).
Project management for phases 11-14 (2016-18) at Black Cat North aggregates quarry, Bedfordshire (Breedon Group) adjacent to the River Great Ouse. Previous phases have included Bronze Age, Romano-British and Anglo-Saxon archaeology. The role, executed to CIfA standards, includes:
- Watching briefs during topsoil-basal deposit removal to identify and map potential archaeological assets;
- Coordination and management of periodic fieldwork (excavation and specialist resources);
- Maintenance of site archives;
- Community engagements and dissemination;
- Post-excavation coordination across artefact, ecofact, bio & palaeo-environmental, dating and conservation specialisms;
- Archive preparation, deposition and publication.
Wish me luck!